Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Parkinson's Society Talks

In front of the lead image in the powerpoint presentation, with Parkinson's UK Luton branch secretary, Michelle Haddrell, March 12th, 2010

I also drove north to Darlington last week, to give one of my regular Mervyn Peake: The Man & His Art talks, to members of the local Parkinson's Society. Again I was given a warm welcome beforehand, and I met several charming people. Although reminded of my father's condition towards the end of his life, I found myself touched by the resilience everyone displayed. The partners of those suffering from this as yet incurable disease also showed a dedication and consideration for those less fortunate than themselves, while expressing via their questions, a fascination with my father's art.

1 Comments:

Blogger Andrew said...

Hope the future talks go well. Bit of an honour to comment on Mervyn's progeny's blog!

11:31 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home